Tai Chi for Arthritis and Falls Prevention classes are 9:30-10:30am and begin on September 18th, 2023. You can choose from Mondays and Thursdays at the Salem-Proudfit Hall, located at 181 S Main Street, Salem, NY 12865 -OR- Mondays and Wednesdays here at the Hartford Volunteer Fire Co’s firehouse, located at 8118 NY-40, Granville, NY 12832.
Registration is required. To register or ask questions call Washington County Public Health at 518-746-2400 ext. 3478. Please leave your name and a phone number where you can be reached for a call back for registration confirmation.
What is Tai Chi?
Tai Chi is an ancient Chinese practice of slow, continuous, whole body movements, strung together in a form.” Like dance, the movements are learned and followed one after another, in a specific order.
About Tai Chi for Arthritis Classes:
- Classes are Free.
- For Washington County residents.
- Classes are taught by a Certified Tai Chi Instructors.
- Participants meet 2 times a week, for 8 weeks. The form is learned in order, so it is important to come to as many classes as possible.
- You will be given handouts to support what is covered in class, to help with your practice at home.
- Classes are tailored to your abilities, all ability levels are welcome!
- Great for beginners!
- Step-by -Step instruction makes it EASY to learn!
What are the Benefits?
• Increase strength, balance, posture, flexibility, sense of wellbeing
• Reduce risks of falls
• Improved mind, body and spirit
• Reduce stress and joint pain
This program is offered as part of the NYS Department of Health Older Adult Fall Prevention Program. Classes are brought to you by Washington County Public Health, Washington County Aging & Disability Resource Center and our location hosts.